Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wow! Time has Gone By!

Well, the Barker family has been very busy with business, MOPS, children, everything else that goes on with having a family. We had an amazing time in Memphis, TN. It was so great catching up with the other Barker Family and watching the kids play together. It was just so sweet to see how they play and love each other even at such a young age.

The ladies from my discussion group table at MOPS came over and we had a nice evening of bonding and food. That was such a great evening to connect and fellowship with my ladies. It was quite funny being October everyone decided to bring a dessert with pumpkin, well, all but one, which was a coconut cream dessert. yum!

Joy has started walking so well in the last couple of nights. She walked halfway across the living room. She has really figured out how to regain her balance while on her feet. Caleb will sit on the floor saying, "Come here Joy! Come here!" Caleb is having a hard time with all the attention she is getting with the new walking skill and trying is to butt into everything in a somewhat nice way.

I had the great opportunity of take some pictures of some friends of ours last week. It was a lot of fun! I don't do a whole lot, but this opened my eyes to how I really enjoy taking pictures of not just family, but friends as well.

Halloween is coming this weekend and though, we usually don't do anything crazy because its a holiday I don't like celebrating. We have carved out pumpkins and I did get costumes for my kids. Caleb was a dinosaur last year and this year he wanted to pick out his own. So we went to Old Navy where they had some great kids costumes that are very warm and fun. We went in there and Caleb found a CHEESE BURGER costume. I was like oh that's cute and directed Caleb to the Race Car Driver or the Football Player. oh no! He ran back to the cheeseburger and said, "cheeseburger, mommy, cheeseburger! I said, "well, what about this one or even the football player?" Caleb, "cheeseburger, mommy, please!" So I cracked up laughing because my son was set on the cheeseburger. I was like of course, Tim is going to love this...he eats cheeseburgers at every restaurant we go to. So I grabbed a cute Butterfly costume for Joy (it was on sale for 17.99 Reg. 22.50) came back the following week to see if he still wanted to be the cheeseburger. Oh and did he ever, but the price had gone back up. Well, Tim went in to get it for him last week and well it was on sale for $10. hooray! so yes, he is going to be a cheeseburger. Don't worry! there will definitely be pictures of that little one. haha! so great!

Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks.


The above pictures are of our friends Jason & Jennie!












These next clips are from our phones so they are great quality.




No comments:

Post a Comment