Monday, October 4, 2010

Getting back to Normal

Well, the weekend started out absolutely amazing with the Love and Respect Conference. Granddad, Grandmom, and Uncle Dale surprised us by coming down to Grand Rapids. They wanted to check out the new kiosk. We went out to Red Robin and Caleb just downed some french fries, but didn't eat much of anything else. Joy hadn't had much food all day and still didn't want to eat much by dinner. 9:15pm came around and Tim heard Caleb crying. We went in there and he was crying in a puddle of his own vomit. I just wanted to cry/vomit at that moment. I'm one of those people when I see and smell vomit, it makes me want to puke too. I kept myself together and I stripped him down and everything else and got it all in the wash without, well, you know hurling... so I got his bed made back up with some new sheets and what not. I get back up stairs and he his hurling again and again. poor child. several pjs later... it stops and he is sleeping with Tim, but now Joy is awake from all the noise. I finally get her to sleep and he wakes up and wants to sleep with me. He wasn't wanting to go back to sleep. He wanted to drink water and do something other than sleeping. Let me just say it was a very LONG night of no sleep. Sunday morning comes around and guess what? now I'm puking. The stomach flu hits me HARD. its wasn't just a a couple hour thing for me...it was from morning til I went to sleep. The only thing I had to eat yesterday was a couple bites of soup and that was right before going to bed. I couldn't even keep water down. Thankfully, today I'm slowly getting my appetite back and my kids are feeling pretty good. Joy has had a runny noise for two weeks now, but that is showing no signs of letting up. Thank you everyone for all your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment