Monday, November 15, 2010

So Many Things

So...there has been so many things that have happened since the last time I blogged. Scott and Christina came into town for a good couple of days. It was such a nice visit. I was so happy that we could send time with them alone and not have to share them with anyone else. Scott and Tim spent pretty much the entire visit together playing World of Warcraft. While, Christina and I did some shopping and lots of talking :) Lots of just catching up. It has been a whole month since I had seen her. :P so lots of course.

I had attempted to have our first MOPS playdate this past Thursday, but it fell thru because most of the mom's had sick kids. I guess better luck next time. I will say I was quite disappointed. I've been really wanting to get these mom's together with their kidos since we started MOPS back in September. I will add, that I'm not sure it would have worked out for me that day anyways. Joy woke up that morning screaming in pain and scratching at her eye. I didn't notice her eye being red when she woke up but at breakfast time it was so swollen and agitated. She would be okay for 5 minutes then all of a sudden she would be screaming for 10. It last all day. I simply thought that just something got in her eye. So I tried flushing it out, putting a warm rag on her eye, anything that I could think of. Then, my friend said that maybe it could be a food allergy. So then I started getting worried that what I fed her for breakfast set her off. Well, 4 o'clock came around and it hadn't gotten better so I called the doctor and she said to take her down to the ER. GREAT! The ER the last place I wanted to take her. That only made me freak out. So I got the kids in the car and met my husband at the hospital. Let me just say that I HATE (with a passion) the ER doctors. They were so inconsiderate. They asked us 3 questions. Does she have any green stuff coming of her eyes? Are her eyes red? And does she have a runny nose? NO. NO. NO.  "Ok well, she probably has conjuctivitis." What? That is seriously all they are going to do? We are at the freakin' ER. Take a look at her eye. She is in extreme pain. Flush her eye out, ANYTHING. What are we paying guys to do? They give us drops for her eyes and they don't even go ahead and put some in. oh man! I was so livid leaving the hospital. Thankfully, things have gotten better since then, but I'm not looking forward to getting a $500 bill for a doctor to ask 3 questions. good gosh! I would have just gone to our pediatrician.

Then, I had scheduled an appointment to get our family photos done for this year. Well, we get there and my kids all of a sudden will not cooperate for anything. Caleb is doing his own thing, putting his hands in his mouth, doing goofy faces, Joy didn't won't to sit on my lap anymore...let me just say it was a disaster. This was our first time trying to do a family picture so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it was not pretty. So then, we made an earlier appointment for the next day. It still wasn't the greatest experience, but we got a half way decent picture out of it. Let me just say I don't look forward to doing this every year.

I think that is about it. I don't know. I'm trying to find time where I can just log on and ramble all my thoughts about things going on, but I'm having a very hard time finding any. I don't know what it is about this time of the year and every little thing starts to stress me out. oi!

No comments:

Post a Comment